PARENTS CODE OF ETHICS/CONDUCT
· As a way to make parents aware of their roles and responsibilities.
· Offers a way parents can make the youth sports experience more enjoyable and positive.
· Seeks to hold parents accountable for their actions.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
· Parents have a responsibility to their children. Show unwavering support in particular, positive reinforcement for your child’s performance and effort. Be positive role models including showing proper sportsmanship at all times refraining from negativity.
· Parents have a responsibility to the coaches. Be supportive of their decisions. Do not undermine their efforts. If you do not agree with a coach you are free to tell the coach but make sure it is done at the right time and place and not in front of the children. Parents are expected to drop off and pick up their children on time for practice and games. It is highly encouraged for parents to stay and assist the coach if need be.
· Parents have a responsibility to the league. The RARO staff cannot be at all games and practices. To assist our staff in maintaining the intended positive nature of these programs, we ask that you report any behavior or situation we need to address.
· Parents/Spectators have responsibility to other parents. Good plays should be cheered and disappointments deserve to be consoled no matter whose team it affects. Taunting is never acceptable. No parent should ever feel embarrassed or disappointed by their team or child’s performance.
· Parents have a responsibility to themselves. It is your responsibility to watch your child and other children participate, learn and have fun. The joy and pride associated with watching children participate in sports should be experienced to the fullest.